Done: Version upgrades
- Meteor from 1.4 to 22.214.171.124 – latest
- Node from 4.6.7 to 8.9.3 – latest that Meteor uses
- NPM from 4.6.1 to 5.1.1 – latest that Meteor uses
- fibers from 1.0.15 to 2.0.0
x64 platforms status
- Source install: Works with rebuild-meteor-1.6.sh script, if you add there new version numbers from above.
- Standalone Docker: Works. Upgraded from Debian 8 to Debian 10, can be tested with Docker Hub tag latestdevel at https:/
/and otherwise same docker-compose.yml file at https:/ hub.docker.com/ r/ wekanteam/ wekan/ /. github.com/ wekan/ wekan-mongodb
- Ubuntu Snap: Some build problem “Store upload failed: package contains external symlinks: lib/node_modules/wekan “
- Sandstorm: Some build problem.
ARM platforms status
- I did get ARM etc bare metal access from CNCF, see FLOSS Weekly 452 for more info about CNCF.
- Server ARM 64bit, more specifically arm64 / aarch64 with about 125 GB RAM and 300GB harddisk.
- Server has Debian 9.
- Currently I’m stuck at building fibers.
- ARM platforms are different. Most Raspberry Pi OS’s are 32bit distros like Raspbian are 32bit, so it would still need cross-compiling for armhf from x86, or compiling in emulator like qemu. There are 64bit arm64 distros for Raspberry Pi 3: Hypriot based on Debian 9, FreeBSD , LinuxKit. Also Wekan usually needs some hardware with at least 1 GB RAM.
- Docker is available for RasPi: blog post1 and blog post 2.
Getting locale working:
Having fast global search for filenames working:
apt install mlocate
locate somefilename-here | xargs grep 'some text to search'
Another slower way to search recursively in current directory is, for example searching for some text in wekan code directory:
find . | xargs grep 'some text here to search' -sl | less
That shows only filenames where it is. If you want to also see file content, leave out -sl . If you don’t want pagination with less command, leave out | less .
I added new user so I can compile as normal user, and also installed sudo, git, etc.
apt install sudo
and there added access to all for wekan user:
wekan ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
Using normal user account (non-root) is better, because without it you would need all kinds of workaround with npm packages and meteor like this:
npm -g install --unsafe-perm fibers
Node versions with NVM:
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.33.8/install.sh | bash
nvm install 8.9.3
git clone https://github.com/npm/npm.git
sudo apt install mongodb mongodb-server mongodb-clients
sudo systemctl start mongodb
sudo systemctl enable mongodb
Building Meteor 1.4 ARM version, I did not find newer version yet:
git clone https://github.com/4commerce-technologies-AG/meteor.git
git checkout release-1.4-universal-beta
sudo apt-get install build-essential debian-keyring autoconf automake libtool flex bison scons git mongodb gcc python
sudo apt install build-essential capnproto git curl
Fibers, currently stuck building it:
git clone git://github.com/laverdet/node-fibers.git
It complains about ld-linux.so.2 that’s for x64 when correct one would be ld-linux-aarch64.so.1.
There could be fibers patch here but I did not get it working yet, maybe with some of these:
git clone https://github.com/4commerce-technologies-AG/node-fibers.git#v1.0.13-patch-arm64
sudo npm -g install [email protected]://github.com/4commerce-technologies-AG/node-fibers.git#v1.0.13-patch-arm64
Plans what next
On behalf of Wekan Team